Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Email: orozen AT ucdavis.edu
Ofer studied aerospace engineering in the Technion, Israel and recived her BSc and Msc in 2008 and 2012 respectively. Her MSc Thesis was about “Design, Manufacturing and Characterization of Micro-Scale Flapping Wings”. She was involved in several projects to encourage high school girls to pursue a career in engineering and science and hope to continue this work in UC Davis.
Area of interest
Mechanical and system design of micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) products. Integrated engineering of MEMS-based products from chip to package. Conceptual and detailed design, modeling, packaging and assemblies, that allow novel applications of MEMS components.
Design of MEMS actuators and sensors: physical sensors, microfluidics devices, switches and deformable mirrors.
- “VARIABLE THICKNESS DIAPHRAGM FOR A WIDE BAND ROBUST PIEZOELECTRIC MICROMACHINED ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCER (PMUT)”, Patent pending, February 2014
- O. Rozen, S. T. Block, S. Shelton, and D. Horsley, “Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer with Increased Output Pressure via Concentric Venting Rings ” will be presented at the 18th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Transducers 2015, 2015
- Rozen, Ofer; Block, Scott.T.; Shelton, Stefon E.; Przybyla, Richard J.; Horsley, David A., “Air-coupled aluminum nitride piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducers at 0.3 MHz TO 0.9 MHz,” Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2015 28th IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.921,924, 18-22 Jan. 2015
- Rozen, O., Shelton S.E., Guedes A., and Horsley D.A., “Variable Thickness Diaphragm for a Stress Insensitive Wideband Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer”, Hilton Head 2014 Solid-State Sensors, Actuators & Microsystems Workshop, Hilton Head Island
- Shelton S.E.,Rozen, O., Guedes A., Przybyla, R., Boser, B., Horsley, D. A., “Improved acoustic coupling of air-coupled micromachined ultrasonic transducers”, Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2014 IEEE 27th International Conference
- Rozen, O., Nachmias, T., Kaldor, S., Peleg, I., Smith, G. L., Kroninger, C. M., Pulskamp, J. S., Polcawich, R. G, and Weihs, D., “A PZT Actuated Millimeter Scale Flapping-Wing”, 51st Israel Annual Conference on Aerospace Sciences, February 23-24, 2011.
- Sivan, O., Eliav, R., Alosh, O., Wexler, N., Lerman, H., Krapp, V., Peres, M., Alperan, N. and Boazon, M., “CANAAN – Medium Range Cruise Missile” (Student Project), 49th Israel Annual Conference on Aerospace Sciences, March 4-5, 2009