Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Email: qixwang AT ucdavis.edu
Qi studied Mechanical Engineering at the Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics from where he received a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in 2011. He then went on to Tohoku University for Master of Engineering (MEng) and complete his thesis on Aluminum Nitride (AlN) deposition in 2013. Qi joined the MEMS Lab in 2014.
Areas of interest
Design and and fabrication of MEMS ultrasound transducers, Aluminum Nitride (AlN)
- Wang, Q.; Lu, Y.; Mishin, S.; Oshmyansky, Y.; Horsley, D.A., “Design, Fabrication, and Characterization of Scandium Aluminum Nitride-Based Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducers,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-8, July. 2017.
- Y. Lu, H. Tang, S. Fung, Q. Wang, J. M. Tsai, M. Daneman, B. E. Boser, and D. A. Horsley, “Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor using a piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducer array integrated with complementary metal oxide semiconductor electronics,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 106, no. 26, p. 263503, Jun. 2015.
- Y. Lu, H. Tang, Q. Wang, S. Fung, J. M. Tsai, M. Daneman, B. E. Boser, and D. A. Horsley, “Waveguide piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducer array for short-range pulse-echo imaging,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 106, no. 19, p. 193506, May 2015.
- Luo, G.-L.; Fung, S.; Wang, Q.; Kusano, Y.; Lasiter, J.; Kidwell, D.; Horsley, D.A., “High Fill Factor Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducers on Transparent Substrates,” in 2017 the 19th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (TRANSDUCERS), 18-22 June 2017.
- Wang, Q.; Kusano, Y.; Horsley D.A., “Coupled piezoelectric micromachined ultraosnic transducers with improved pulse-echo performance,” in 2017 IEEE 30th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), pp.151-154, 22 – 26 Jan, 2017.
- Kusano, Y.; Wang, Q.; Rudy, R.Q.; Polcawich, R.G.; Horsley, D.A., “Wideband Air-Coupled PZT Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer Through DC Bias Tuning,” in 2017 IEEE 30th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), pp.1204-1207, 22 – 26 Jan, 2017.
- Wang, Q.; Lu, Y.; Fung, S.; Jiang, X.; Mishin, S.; Oshmyansky, Y.; Horsley, D.A., “Scandium-Doped Aluminum Nitride-Based Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasound Transducers”, in Hilton Head 2016 Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop on, pp. 436 – 439, 5 – 9 June, 2016.
- Lu, Yipeng; Wang, Qi; Horsley, David A., “Piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducers with increased coupling coefficient via series transduction,” in Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2015 IEEE International, vol., no., pp.1-4, 21-24 Oct. 2015
- Qi Wang; Oguchi, H.; Hara, M.; Kuwano, H., “Investigation of dominant factors to control c-axis tilt angle of aln thin films for efficient energy harvesting,” Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2014 IEEE 27th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.636,639, 26-30 Jan. 2014